Equus Constantii

Richardson, L. jr

Equus Constantii: an equestrian statue of Constantius erected in the Comitium just in front of the northeast end of the Arch Of Septimius Severus. The marble pedestal survives with a dedicatory inscription (CIL 6.1158 = ILS 731), which proclaims it the work of Naeratius Cerealis, praefectus urbi in A.D. 352-353.

Nash 1.387.

© The Johns Hopkins University Press